EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDED
We’re looking for a new team member to join our growing team.
Are you interested in working in the events industry?
Are you looking for a role that will help you build event management and client engagement skills?
Slumber and Dream is Canberra’s premium children's party provider for Slumber and Pamper Parties.
We’re looking for an event assistant to join our team to host weekend pamper and glam parties
and assist with event setup and pack down.
As part of our team, you will learn to host parties,
manage setup and build professional customer engagement skills.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be confident working with children aged between 7 -12
- have skills in hairstyling, such as braiding or up styles, make-up or face painting
- be responsible and demonstrate a positive attitude
- be eager to learn more about the events industry.
Own transport is essential and weekend availability is a must.
We offer great rates of pay starting from $21 per hour, allowances for travel, team uniform, a fantastic team and on-the-job training.
If you’re interested in this position, send your resume with a short cover letter (or video) to introduce yourself and provide insight as to why you’d be a great fit for our team.
Your application should be submitted via email to: email@example.com
If you have any questions or want to learn more, connect with Casey via Instagram:@slumberanddream
NIDA OPEN DAY
Save the date: NIDA Open Day!
––– SATURDAY 18 JUNE 2022 –––
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DRAMATIC ARTS
register today to be the first to know about the exciting line-up free student productions
fun workshops and activities
star alumni panels
NIDA offers hands-on, highly personalised education and training for all creative types, no matter where your interest in the performing arts lies, including:
To celebrate Advanced Manufacturing Week the Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP) program in partnership with the Hunter Academy of STEM Excellence will be hosting a free STEM Webinar on Friday 10th June 2022 from 2:00pm to 2:45pm.
Join live at the Australian Manufacturing Week from the Sydney International Conference Centre (ICC) exhibition hall where the Careers with STEM team will interview leading Advanced Manufacturing companies and bring you the latest in manufacturing technologies, such as additive manufacturing, laser cutters, CNC machinery and digitalisation (Industry 4.0) and air technology.
Next, you’ll join for an informative stakeholder panel with experts in STEM career pathways, followed by a Q&A session where teachers and students can submit questions for the panel to answer.
Who should attend this webinar:
Staff and students who are interested in STEM based careers and career pathways.
Staff and students undertaking iSTEM, VET Metals and Engineering, Industrial Technology, Engineering Studies, and Design and Technology
2:00pm–2:05pm: Introduction to the event with the Careers With STEM team
2:05pm–2:20pm: Vox pops from the Australian Manufacturing Week Industry Expo
2:20pm–2:35pm: Panel ‘What are the career pathways and opportunities in Advanced manufacturing’
2:35pm–2:45pm: Q&A from teachers and students
Register to join live or watch the recording later at a time that suits you.
UC FAST FORWARD PROGRAM OPENING SOON
ATTENTION YEAR 11
UC FAST FORWARD PROGRAM OPENS 1 JUNE
Want an early offer and a few other bonuses?
Watch this space for more details!
EASTLAKE ARE HIRING!
ATTENTION YEAR 11 & 12 STUDENTS
Interested in a job at Eastlake Football Club, Griffith?
Email Mrs Brown for details.
SAVE THE DATE!
ST CLARE'S COLLEGE
CAREERS AND FUTURE PATHWAYS EXPO
4:30 - 7:30pm
25 Stall Holders catering for all your future pathway options
Univerities, vocational education, jobs
More details to come!
SAVE THE DATE!
UC Open Day
WORK EXPERIENCE @ ASD
ASD - Australian Signals Directorate (Defence)
Year 11 & 12 are invited to apply for the following Work Experience sessions with ASD!
The dates for each session are as follows:
Session 1 4 July – 8 July
Session 2 11 July – 15 July
Session 3 19 September – 23 September
Session 4 26 September – 30 September
Applications have opened:
July sessions will close 22 May
September sessions will close 7 August.
More information about the program can be found here, and if you have any further questions see Mrs Brown
Email Mrs Brown for a flyer and school work experience documentation.
The link for ASD applications can be found here.
ANU OPEN DAY - SAVE THE DATE
ANU has confirmed its Open Day for Saturday 3 September.
The event will include both on campus and online components.
Transferable skills from sports
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Resilience and working under pressure
- Time management
- Focus and commitment
Jobs for people who love sports
- Professional Athlete / Sportsperson
- Sporting Coach or Instructor
- Talent Scout
- Umpire or Referee
- Sports Development Officer
- PE Teacher
- Sports Physiotherapist
- Sports Psychologist
- Personal Trainer
- Leisure Centre or Gym Manager
- Sports Journalist
- TV and Radio Broadcasters
- Sports Photographers and Videographers
- Marketing Manager
- Events Co-ordinator
- PR and Communications
- Sports Agents
- Facilities Manager
- Cheerleaders and Mascots
WHAT IS AN ASBA?
What is an ASBA?
- a school-based apprenticeship like any other apprenticeship or traineeship
- begins while you are still studying at school, usually in years 10, 11 or 12
- work with an employer
- get paid
- work toward attaining a Certificate II, III or higher vocational qualification
- your week is divided between work, study and school
Why should I do one?
- great alternative for students who prefer hands-on learning
- allows you to complete your high school certificate while training
- options after school include university, further vocational study or jump straight into a career
Am I eligible?
- Year 10, 11 or 12 students of working age
- currently enrolled in school
Where can I find out more?- speak to Mr Mohell
CAREER CHAT TUESDAYS ARE BACK!
Get career inspiration during lunchtime chats with guest speakers
Bring your lunch, bring a friend
Dance Studio A108
Topics and dates will be advertised the week before.
Want to be a Veterinary Nurse?
If you are caring and resilient, love animals but like people just as much, don’t mind getting your hands dirty and are prepared to be flexible, becoming a Vet Nurse could be a rewarding career to consider.
Find out more about the job and how to qualify at https://studyworkgrow.com.au/2020/10/...
Watch this short video: https://youtu.be/zQGpusWX9t0
Want to be a Chef?
Do you love cooking?
They say that if you love what you do, you'll never have to 'work' a day in your life. Which is why some people who love cooking become Chefs. Check out this quick intro video to learn more about this delicious career path.
Here's the link to share it: https://youtu.be/apDHu2NF0IU
UAC Opens 12 April
Apply for university in ACT/NSW via UAC portal
Early Bird round closes 30 September
$70 enrolment fee applies
Watch this video for ATAR and application details:
GO OVERSEAS - Programs Abroad
Go Overseas – Programs Abroad - Discover meaningful programs abroad (or online!)
Go Overseas is your guide to 15,000+ programs that will change how you see the world.
Read 50,000+ community reviews to help you choose your next adventure:
WHAT AGE CAN I START WORK?
A big part of growing up is starting work. It can be great to have some extra money for yourself, feel more independent, as well as learning the skills you’ll need in the workforce for the rest of your life.
But before you get too keen, there are some things you need to know before you rush out and start applying.
What age can I start working?
The minimum age for starting work is different depending on the state or territory you live in. Take a look at the information we’ve gathered below.
Australian Capital Territory
In the ACT, you can start work from any age you like. However, the tasks you are allowed to do may be restricted until you turn 15. Your employer will also need written parental consent if you are under 15.
What other restrictions are there?
There are also restrictions other than age to consider when starting work. These include how many hours per day or week you are allowed to work, when you are allowed to work, and if you are allowed to leave school to work.
Australian Capital Territory
If you are under the age of 15, you are only allowed to work up to 10 hours per week. Up to 17 years of age, you are not permitted to work during school hours (with the exception of the school holidays).
Your work must also not interfere with your education or training in any way. This means that you might not be allowed to work late at night or early in the morning.
You can work full-time when you turn 17 or when you finish year 12, whichever happens first. If you want to leave school and start working after Year 10, you or your parents need to apply to the Chief Executive of the ACT Department of Education and Training for approval.
Keen to learn more about careers? Check out the rest of our St Clare's College Careers WEBSITE and keep checking the MESSAGE BOARD for regular updates about your dream career area, jobs available now, and more.
ATTENTION YEAR 12 - $5000 GRANT
The Real Futures Grant is an annual one-off $5,000 prize, awarded to a student studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in one of the following fields: healthcare, medicine, business, or finance BY Real Insurance.
The value of this grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one-off payment to the winner.
REMEBER, you have to be in it to win it!
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Business – including any business-related courses from any institution.
- Finance – including actuarial, statistics, accounting and general finance courses.
- Medicine – including medical and health sciences, surgery and medical research.
- Healthcare – including health and fitness-related specialties, sport sciences, health services assistance and international health.
- Specialist healthcare – including nursing, optometry, dentistry and pharmacy.
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Employees and Immediate family members including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling (“Immediate Family Members”) of a Real Insurance employee are ineligible to enter. Employees, and Immediate Family Members of Greenstone Financial Services (GFS) are also ineligible to enter.
GIRL GEEK ACADEMY & MICROSOFT
Want to be a Blogger?
Country to Canberra has created an exciting online community that empowers young women to build their advocacy skills. We support girls that want to write about their lives and the issues they’re passionate about.
The type of bloggers we’re looking for should:
- Be 13-18 years old from rural Australia;
- Be keen to write a 300-500 word blog post approximately once per month;
- Have a willingness to learn (you don’t have to be a pro!)
What you get from us:
- National exposure and a resume booster;
- An ability to advocate, share your views and increase your online presence;
- An opportunity to work in an online team with other trailblazers.
If this sounds like you, apply now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include name, age, grade and where you live.
Find out more: http://countrytocanberra.com.au/blogger-team/
INTERESTED IN CODING AND TECHNOLOGY?
Ready to learn amazing things and make some new friends? Girl Geek Academy and Microsoft have teamed up to present weekly online workshops to high school girls interested in coding and technology.
Designed specifically for high school girls, you’ll hang out, meet new mates, and learn a new tech skill every Monday afternoon from 5:00-6:30pm (AEST), totally free.
Keen on making your own video game? Let’s do it. Got code questions? We’ve got you covered. Curious about Artificial Intelligence? So are we.
All the classes are beginner friendly, and are set up so you can go at your own pace – no need to worry about getting left behind. And if you’re tech talented, you can move ahead as fast as you like.
Find out more and register here: https://girlgeekacademy.com/microsoft/
University of New England - EARLY OFFER ROUND OPEN
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Benefits of UNE Direct Early Entry
- Open to all Year 12 students.
- Students apply directly to UNE online.
- Submit up to three course preferences.
- Free to apply.
- ATAR is not required.
- Most courses can be deferred.
- Study on-campus options available for courses with affordable accommodation in our on-campus residential system.
- Study fully online options for most courses.
- A UNE Early Entry application does not exclude students from applying through UAC or to any other university.
UAC Webinar - NURSING
UAC webinar: Let's Chat – Nursing students
30 Jun 2022. 6pm
Current nursing students from a range of universities share why they chose their course and their experiences of student life.
If you are interested in nursing then this session is for you. Current students from a range of uni's share their experiences of student life. Topics covered include:
- how they decided on the course they are studying
- what they found easy about the process of applying and enrolling, and what they found hard
- what they thought uni would be like
- the best thing about being at uni
- their hopes and dreams for when they finish
Want to be a Journalist?
Australian Newsroom Journalism
www.writelikeajournalist.com.aufor people considering a career in journalism
The Australian Newsroom Journalism is produced as individual posts on a website free of charge.
Created to help those considering a career in Australia’s newsrooms by giving an insight to the things editors are looking for when they select cadets or trainees.
Dave Young, Chef and owner of Temporada in the city (One of Canberra's finest restaurants) is looking for an ASBA student to join their award-winning kitchen team.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, they should contact Dave via email in the first instance. email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this further, make an appointment with me.
Dominos are hiring
Dominos are currently hiring team members for all their stores across the ACT & Queanbeyan region, in particularly their Fyshwick store (which is just down the road from the college). If you are interested, they have a jobs website (https://jobs.dominos.com.au/) where all available positions at your local store are listed.